Oatmeal - the full meal deal

I have been eating gluten free oats for the past year or so, since I have been committing to a gluten free diet. This can be made with regular oats, of course.

I usually cook up 3/4 cup of oats each morning. I eyeball the amount of water to add. It all depends how thick you want your porridge to be. Simply follow the supplied directions, if you're unsure.

I drop in about a half a cup of frozen blueberries (or frozen mixed berries)  into my bowl, spoon the cooked oatmeal on top, and then sprinkle on about 2 T of my Seed Mix (recipe coming), a small drizzle of maple syrup, and almond milk. Chopped almonds are added once in a while. YUM!

I have had this simple breakfast 95% of the time, and I have not tired of it yet. Maybe in the heat of summer, I will make some granola instead.

Some say grains shouldn't be eaten at all, but I can't say no to oatmeal. It's definitely a comfort food. I suppose if someone said I could be healed from histamine intolerance if I gave up grains, I would. But I haven't been convinced yet.


Comments